Mental Health is defined as a persons condition with regards to their psychological and emotional well being.
So how do you make sure you are taking care of your mental well being?
If you are having a hard time, speak to someone. It’s okay to seek medical advice or a therapist. Confide in a friend you can trust or family. The goal is not to suppress. You want to have an actionable plan that benefits you in the long run.
I truly believe that depression, anxiety and other forms of mental illness can sometimes be formed from suppression, however, this is obviously not the only factor.
Here are a few tips:
- seek a therapist
- seek medical advice
- speak to family and friends you can trust
- Read books that help you navigate your emotions
- Get a journal for diary and write it out. Pour your feelings onto that paper.
- Be intentional about who consumes your time.
- Be mindful about what you consume on social media.
- Try to eat healthy and pour live foods into your body
- Find ways to love on yourself, daily affirmations helps.
One of my favourite ways to unwind is working out, dancing and listening to music. I also enjoy decorating my home and completing diy projects.
See you sis, in the next article!
~ Stans John